Vermont Underground Locators (VTUL) is a well-established locally owned public and private utility locating contractor founded in 1992 specializing in underground utility locating, water leak detection, ground penetrating radar, underground tank locating, camera pipe inspection, and power fault detection services throughout Vermont and beyond. We have provided utility locating services over the past 25+ years.
Available Position Job Description
We are currently seeking an experienced utility locator for the Mad River Valley and/or Central Vermont.
Our technicians spend their workdays on the go, working independently in the field using a company provided vehicle. The right candidate for this position will:
- Be responsible for the correct, safe, and efficient locating of underground utilities including: telecommunications, electric power, cable TV, gas, water, and sewer systems.
- Be adept at thoroughly searching for underground utilities in a designated area, properly marking the location, and completing the necessary paperwork and photographing each locate.
- Be comfortable working outdoors in all types of weather conditions and using a company provided laptop and/or tablet to document services.
- Be experienced at working directly with customers and resolving problems in a professional manner.
- Be enthusiastic, self-motivated, safety conscious, and independent.
We generally work on weekdays between the hours of 7 am and 5 pm. Some overtime work or on-call and/or weekend work may be required. We are seeking a locator with at least 3 years of experience in a related position, and offer additional in-house training.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer